How To Apply Face Powder
Types of Face-Powder:
- Loose Face Powder: Loose powder is famous than the pressed / compact powder as it provide more natural look on the skin. loose powder is very easy to apply and you can simply apply it with puff or a makeup brush. Another Reason why people are using it is the porcelain effect it gives to the skin that results in a flawless face.
- Pressed Face Powder: Pressed powder is available in many forms included compact powder, bronzing powder, mineral powder, SPF sun powder etc. It is ideal for those just want a quick touch-up. Pressed powder is portable than the loose powder so you can just keep it in your bag and try it whenever you want a matte finish skin.
Mostly comes with a mirror inside so that you always have a full kit ready throughout the day
Best Tools to Apply Face Powder:
- Powder Puffs: Powder puffs are available in many shapes, textures, colors and sizes to match your needs. Mostly pressed powders comes with their own puffs however as they are flat you might need something effective however they are not complete worthless and can be used effectively as well.
Loose powders can be applied well with medium textured puffs as if the puff texture will be thin it will leave steaks to your face and on the other hand if it will be too thick then it will leave little bits of fuzz and puff so you need to be careful.
- Makeup Brushes:Makeup brushes will always tend to apply less powder on your skin so they are more handy. Go for a large and a fluffy brush as it will not concentrate the powder on your face and will allow you for more liberal face-powder application.
How to apply face powder:
The Powder provides you a lighter and easier way to even out your skin in a finished manner. There are many types of powders mostly used to provide your skin with a matt finish so people with oily skin will always get benefited with that as the face powder will always helps to absorb oil on the skin. The common and effective method of applying face powder is mentioned below.
- Take a large fluffy brush or a powder puff, dip it into the powder. Tap the tool lightly over any container to remove any excess powder.
- Avoid the eyes area and use the circular motion to apply face powder on the entire face to cover all areas evenly.
- Use a brush as it will help you to apply face powder evenly to facial contours for a perfectly blended and even powder finish.
- If you want some additional powder coverage you can reapply it in the same manner.
Things to remember about Face-Powder Application:
Face powder is used to give your skin a finished look. It is mostly applied over the foundation or base. Most Important things regarding face powder and how to apply that are mentioned below.
- Application of face powder will always help you to get clean and flawless look.
- Extra powder is not applied as it will blot excessive amount of the powder with a tissue.
- After applying any concealer base or foundation you need to have a light dusting of powder applied with a brush powder puff or a sponge.
- Face powder is not as thick as the foundation so it cannot be used to cover up the prominent flaws of your skin, like acne, skin blemishes or darker areas. If you have a clean skin and you just want to enhance its beauty then you can only use face powder to do it.
- Always select a brand that is non-oily and hypoallergenic.